Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Gallbladder

4/3 I called Matthew at work almost in tears asking him to come home from work, I needed to go to La Jolla to the ER. I was having pain and nausea from my gallbladder that was way to familiar. We get into the truck and by the grace of god we made it without me throwing up everywhere although in all honestly there was some major dry heaving. Of course the ER was packed, listening to people talk amongst each other some have been waiting for 3+ hours. After 3 hours we finally were called back into a gurney in the hall. gasp. I know thats like a major no-no but giving the situation a gurney in the hall was like a castle in the sky to me. Thankfully a Dr came by quickly and we got a plan in motion...testing pain and nausea meds fluids. Shortly after midnight I was placed in a room and after 1am they told me that they were going to admit me. 4/4 Early wake up in ER room with blood work. Still downstairs and waiting for a room on 2 west. ER is busy and I found it easy to pass time people watching and seeing some crazy people. 4pm-Finally up to a room on 2 west, my home away from home, I get settled and get told the amazing news that after 6 months of begging and crying and complaining they finally agree to remove the gallbladder. I have no idea what made them decide to finally take it out but I was so excited to finally have this whole nightmare close to an end. 4/5 Around 9am I get official word that the surgery is happening today, we talked about the surgery and what could happen if when they get in there things are worse then they expected and what the risks are. After a crazy long wait they took be back to have the process started. I was on the table when my Dr came in and told me he was sorry but they would have to do it tomorrow cause he didn't have the second set of hands he had planned on, I said I understood but really I was crushed. His phone rings and he excuses himself to then come in about 2 min later and say he found someone and that it was a go. I was so relieved. Surgery went well and I was back to my room about 9pm. 4/6 After some struggles with pain management we finally had a routine down. They wanted to send me home, but I wasn't comfortable with that. So one more night was all I needed and I'm glad I stuck with my gut. I'm home and things are good, still taking it easy to be on the safe side, but even after the first say I haven't had any pain in that area. So now all we can do is wait to get back to 100% but honestly I don't even remember what that feels like. Im ready to enjoy summer maybe work on my tan and get some swimming laps in.

No comments:

 

Search Away

Blog Archive