Sunday, May 14, 2023

My mama

  My mama is my rock. Someone who isn’t even a 0.1 % replaceable. My mom is better than yours. There isn’t a point in arguing that with me because I have seen my mom go beyond measures to keep me alive.  Not even happy. Just alive and breathing. I have seen the fear and worry in her eyes as the light faded from my face but I never saw her step away from the roll she was destined to be. A mama.  I always worried if something happened to me how would he still be a mama to Aaron. And as I sit and think about that sentence in pure logic. That’s who she is. She was born to be a mama and nothing could take that away from her. She is a natural. Everyone is her child. I have seen her mother countless “strays” but always the same she gets attached and loves them and they love her back because they never had a mama like her. She’s kind. To a fault. Smart to the point where you have to take a Second look at her because you’re just amazed. Funny. She will make you laugh so hard that you cry. Just her being her. And I love when we have those moments. Those are the core memories where I step back and thank god. I thank god for giving me back to my mom whole and new. I thank god for giving her the strength to love me and raise me unconditionally and in my opinion to be a pretty rad human. That she’s my favorite person who I never seem to get tired of. When I lived in the hospital she made that drive and put a smile on her face everyday just to see me smile knowing so much was against us but that smile every day walking through the door gave me life and hope. I knew what I was facing but if my mom could walk in with that beautiful smile I knew we were okay. Her and I would get through this together side by side and like I hoped only made us stronger and closer. Maybe with some trauma but what’s a little trauma between family. So tonight I’m laying in bed thinking about my worst days and remembering the shining light who loved me through life and death. My mama. My mother. My mom. My best friend who’s my ride or die. To my mom; We made it together and you make me proud everyday. Stay sassy. Stay rageful. Stay amazing And you will always have the love of a daughter who thinks the world revolves around you. 

 Xoxoxo

No comments:

 

Search Away

Blog Archive