Thursday, March 12, 2009

Attention everyone:

I would like for you to note... I'm not a human pin cushion.

I returned home from a planned tune up from the hospital. Usually we go straight to doing them at home but because we were using medicine we haven't used before my doctor decided to admit me for safety reasons. It was an awful experience. How many nurses does it take to access a port? answer is 3 oncology nurses 1 RN and finally. Dr. Dad. 

Yes. My father could access my port when 4 other qualified hospital staff could not manage to even get it in the correct spot. Why you ask i will tell. Because they don't listen to ME. I said i use a 3/4 in needle. They said No...the hospital doesn't carry one you must mean a 1 inch. No i tell them. Needless to say 4 tries at the port 1 temporary IV later Dr. Dad strolls in and gets it the first time and brings me the correct size needle. Funny thig is my Dad has done it maybe 3x before.

So I'm well medicine seems to be working glad to be home. Glad i had visitors and glad my Family & real friends called and txt'd me to make sure i was good. That means so much to me.

Moral of the story just because your at the hospital doesn't mean you will get the best care. Sometimes the best is at home. Good night all. <3

No comments:

 

Search Away

Blog Archive