My dearest Uncle Larry
It’s been one month since you have left earth and your earthly body. I’m not going to lie to you and tell you it’s been easy. It’s been hard on all of us. To sit in your house and you not be there is difficult. Much more difficult than I think we expected. It’s your home but know it’s starting to feel like a strangers house.
We miss you and your sense of humor, the way you constantly showed up with something to give, and us teasing you about it. We would say “Mom’s going to be mad at you” and you would casually say oh well. Cleaning out your house has been therapeutic and also emotionally draining. The things you loved and what was important to you was so obvious. Your love for QVC really was obvious you loved your temptations and lock and lock. We cleaned things out together, usually laughing as we are trying not to cry seeing some of the things you had..usually you had multiple things. Why did you need 4 waffle makers? and about a dozen fans? But we enjoyed being at your home and I’m sorry we never got to have dinner like I told you we would but we ate at your table and I think that would make you happy.
I know you are with Kenneth and it probably feels really good to be together after 24 years of being apart. I hope you tell him all about us and let him know everything that has been going on since he left. I hope you found Grandma and told her about us all down here and how her memory is still alive and strong.
It’s hard to look back and think of how important you were/are to me and Aaron. How in so many ways you were our “Grandpa.” You were always so loving and kind and generous. You were mischievous and funny. Did I say generous? Well you were so generous I have to let everyone know 2x.
I find a lot of comfort being at your house and it breaks my heart to know it won’t be available for me to go sit and reconnect with you whenever my heart and body need to be close to you. Instead I’ll have to find another way.
When you were in the hospital I always told you how proud I was of you for fighting so hard. Cause you held on for a long time. I told you everyday how much we loved you and wanted to take you home. I let you know Aaron and I always loved you and never for a minute did we ever doubt your love for us.
It brings me comfort to know when I get to heaven you will be pushing everyone out of the way to get to me first. I picture that first embrace and it eases the fear of going before everyone knowing you will be there waiting to introduce me to everyone who has been watching me.
I know you’re with me still, I feel it in my heart and in my bones. The little reminders are perfect and always make me smile. I told you we would take care of Mom and we will always keep our word. She is the most important lady to us all.
No matter where we go and what we do it will always feel like a piece of our hearts and our family isn’t with us. The impact you made in our life is so huge no one or nothing can patch that hole in our hearts. Thank you for loving us unconditionally and accepting all our chaos and craziness. We miss you, we will never stop missing you, and we will keep you in our hearts.
Aloha Bird Legs aka Jessica




No comments:
Post a Comment