Thursday, October 11, 2012

Smile and nod

Sometimes the task if telling others about your disease is tiring. The questions are easy to answer but when they start drifting into my so and so has asthma or I.b.s. and it's sooo hard for my so and so. I just have to smile and nod because the other part of me wants to scream "did you not listen to what I just said" but that would use more effort then it's probably worth. I find majority are interested to know your struggles and issues with health but only is you agree their health issue is just as important as yours.

Again just smile and nod in agreement when in your head your saying No. Nope. No way. Not going to happen!

Every disease is awful let me make that perfectly clear. The " invisible" diseases definitely got the short end of the stick when they were giving out awareness importance.

I'm constantly saying I wish people understand I might look good; hair make up done nice clothes I still care about my appearance but it isn't the only way to judge someone. I can look so normal but struggle to get outta bed or, even a shower sometimes just isn't happening. Of course those people aren't their for those moments but those are real me. Coughing till I throw up. Mucus everywhere tissues covered in snot. Hair exactly as it pleases messy and wild...and I don't look so healthy without my coverup and blush. But it's me.

All I can be is me. Somedays you get the "healthy" looking Jess but if your one of the few you see just normal ol Jess

To all my cysters who are not feeling good and are on the "juice" hope things turn around quick. oxox

No comments:

 

Search Away

Blog Archive