Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1st

It's May that means its cf awareness month. So here are 5 things I think you should know about cf
1. Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease. I'm the only person in my whole family (both mother and fathers side) to have CF.
2. I cough a lot and with that usually comes flying mucus. So be cautious when approaching me.
3. When I was diagnosed at 10 I thought only the really sick kids got the vest. So when the doctors wanted me to get one I secretly cried that night.
4. One of the hardest things about having cf is the way it changes your family and how it works. It can change everything and it takes special people to be apart of it and accept the reality of this life that comes with this disease.
5. The average life span is 37. I know way to many great people who never reached their mid 20s. The fundraising adds years to lives and so does transplant but even 37 is to young to leave this earth
There's your random 5 facts for the day. I hope you take some time and spread awareness.
Peace love and hello kitty to all
Xoxo Jess

No comments:

 

Search Away

Blog Archive